As I mentioned before, Josh and I went to SLC for our anniversary. We spent several hours at Hogle Zoo where we both felt like little kids running around to see the animals. We were both disappointed when the Zebras were not out (although we felt better about that when a park employee told us he hasn't seen them once in the four years he's been there), and Josh was very disappointed when the rhinos were indoors. It was cold for them. At the end of the day, just before park closing and when there was no line, we got on the train and rode it around the park. We sat in the very back next to one of the employees and he pointed out where to look for everything that everyone else was going to miss. That was fun. After the zoo we went home and got all dressed up and went to dinner on the Roof at Temple Square. Josh decided it was worth it after all. We had a lot of fun. the view was gorgeous and the pianist was amazing. Her tip jar had nothing smaller in it than a $10 bill, and even a few $50 bills! We have never been to dinner somewhere we had to dress up for.
.
The next day I helped a friend get ready for her wedding by doing her hair that morning, then a few hours later we joined her family and friends at the temple for the sealing. We had a great experience. Josh and I love going to sealings. After that we went to lunch at the Mayan. Josh had never been there and couldn't believe that they had real live cliff divers and fire dancers IN the restaraunt. The only downside, there was a Beez game and a Real soccer game at the same time, on the same road as the Mayan and we had to drive thru the crowds of both, to get there. Not to mention the fact that we got stuck at a traffic light that wasn't working for fifteen minutes before the cops came to direct traffic. We had lunch at 4:00. (If we had known, we would have gone somewhere else) Shortly thereafter, we made our way to Provo, digesting food as fast as possible so we could have dinner with Tyler and Alex at seven. They fixed a fabulous meal and Alex made a great dessert. We really enjoyed visiting with them. We have missed that since they moved. Tyler entertained us with his wonderful story telling, and Alex showed me the baby's room while Tyler and Josh talked man-stuff. It was a great evening and we hope to be able to do it again soon.
Our last morning of the trip was spent sleeping in till 7:00 and then lying in bed another half hour trying to get back to sleep and wondering why oh why we couldn't sleep longer on vacation! Finally at 7:30 we gave up and started packing up our things. We then went to the visitor's center on Temple Square and had a lovely morning enjoying the Spirit and chatting with the missionaries. Then it was back to Rupert to spend Easter Sunday with Josh's mom and brothers. There we had Emma's first Easter. She had three new dresses as both of her Rupert grandmas and mom had bought her one, and a basketful of candy she couldn't really eat, but made a mess with anyway. It was a great family experience!
When we got home Josh returned to work and school and I started working at a local salon. I really enjoy the atmosphere there. My boss is great and the environment is really laid back and easy-going, but still nice. I only wish we were busier. (My boss and her sister bought the place recently and we are trying to come back from a not so great reputation left by the previous owners.)
A couple of weeks ago my husband and I were talking about summer plans and he suggested surpirsing my mom for Mother's Day. At first I wasn't so sure about the idea as I would have less than ten days to prepare, but at last it was decided and it worked out stupendously! I went to Utah for a hair show which Tori and I attended together, and then I stayed with Dad in Eagle Mountain until my flight left. I got to Texas on Sunday with Emma and aunt Loralynn and uncle Scott picked us up at the airport where I was very embarrassed by my stupidity. (A nice gentlemen offered to help me take all of my bags, and Emma's carseat out to our waiting car. I was so grateful for his generosity - and told him so - until I noticed out of the corner of my eye Uncle Scott slip him a tip as we got into the car. My excuse - they don't have those in Utah!)
We showed up on Mom's porch glad that the surprise had stayed a surprise, and were greeted by tears, shrieks, and hugs. Emma wasn't sure what to make of it, but Mom didn't scare her too badly. Emma warmed up to her quickly. We were able to spend ten days there. We didn't do much but visit and enjoy each other's company, but it was well worth it and we all had a great time. We did get to have lunch with Zachary at school as he had earned an award, and I was able to take the older kids to Sea World for an evening. (GPS is amazing) The kids had a blast with Emma and she came home with a few new tricks, one of which is growling (thanks Marmee!) which she does non-stop now. She has also enjoyed playing outside which we were able to do a lot of because of the warm weather. Now that we're home, the second the door opens she is running for the porch.
Josh is happy to have us home (and said so a million times, I'm sure) and was disappointed when he had to go back to work after his long weekend break.
Today we are cleaning house and making plans for this weekend when Josh's mom, aunt, and grandma will be joining us for Mother's Weekend. We are also looking forward to an upcoming birthday (Emma's), and are planning a whole shload of great things for our baby's first. We do realize this will probably not last another year, or another child, but it's fun while it lasts. She continues to amaze us by her intelligence and pure sweetness. Not to mention the fact that she is so busy all of the time that we can't keep up with her. I can't believe she is almost a year old, but we are looking forward to this next year and watching her continue to learn and grow and do new things!
Until next time, love to you all and thanks for being a part of our lives!

No comments:
Post a Comment